Pro. Dr Tianjun Wang
Pro. Dr Tianjun Wang brings his wealth of knowledge and experience of Chinese Acupuncture, Chinese Herbal Medicine and acupressure. Together with a sympathetic understanding of the needs and problems of Western patients. Tianjun is highly qualified and experienced in most aspects of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). He gained a BSc in 1989 and in 2008 completed his PhD in Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine from Nanjing University of Chinese Mediine, China (NUCM).
Dr. Wang moved to the UK and joined the University of East London UK (UEL) as a Lecturer and Practitioner from 2007, then as the Director of Acupuncture Clinic in 2008 and Senior Lecturer in 2009 until Dec 2014.
After that full-time academic job Tianjun established his owner clinic and studio at Ilford to provide higher level acupuncture services for local people, particularly in the East London area.
He accumulated 26 years of experience treating a wide variety of illness with acupuncture and herbal remedies. Especially in the treatment of difficult and complex cases. During his PhD study and research, Tianjun has completely observed and treated more than a hundred patients with depression. Treatment included acupuncture and he built up his specialist knowledge in the areas of acupuncture treatment for brain related conditions.
Currently, Tianjun is the Member of British Acupuncture Council (BAcC) and the Fellow member of the Association of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture UK (ATCM).
-Dr. Tianjun Wang MBAcC, FMATCM, FHEA
-Professor, PhD of Acupuncture
-Owner: TJAcupuncture Clinic. www.tjacupuncture.co.uk
-Course Director of Acupuncture: College of Naturopathic Medicine London.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION
- 2008-2009 PG Certificate in Higher Education in University of East London (UEL), UK.
- 2005-2008 Doctor’s Degree in Medicine (Equivalent to PhD) on Acupuncture in Nanjing University of Chinese Medicine (NJUCM), Nanjing, China.
- 1997-1999 Postgraduate Degree of Medicine on Acupuncture, NJUCM, Nanjing, China.
- 1984-1989 Bachelor Degree of Medicine (Equivalent to BSc or MBBS) on Acupuncture, School of Acupuncture and Tuina, NJUCM, Nanjing, China.
OTHER PROFESSIONAL APPOINTMENTS AND AFFILIATIONS
- 2015- Course Director of Acupuncture: College of Naturopathic Medicine London (CNM)
- 2015- Fellow Member, Association of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture, UK (ATCM)
- 2014- Council Member, Association of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture, UK (ATCM)
- 2014- External Examiner, MSc in Advanced Complementary Medicine, University of Middlesex for Northern College of Acupuncture.
- 2013- Reviewer, Professional Development Lead, British Acupuncture Council (BAcC), UK
- 2013- Validation Panel Member, University of Middlesex for Northern College of Acupuncture
- 2012- External Examiner, Acupuncture Program, University of Lincoln - 2012- Member, British Acupuncture Council, UK (BAcC)
- 2011- Peer Reviewer, Journal of Ethnopharmacology - 2010- Validation Panel Member, Greenwich University for ICOM.
- 2009- Visiting Professor, Liaoning University of TCM, China - 2009- Fellow, the Higher Education Academy (fHEA), UK.
- 2008- Member, Association of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture, UK (ATCM), Research Committee and Professional Conduct Committee.
- 2006- Member, China Association of Acupuncture, China. - 2005- Committee Member, Jiangsu Acupuncture Association, China
- 2004- Committee Member and Vice President of Youth Branch, Nanjing Acupuncture Association, China.
- 2003- Member, All China Medical Association (CMA), China.
Pro. Wang has published more than 20 Acupuncture and TCM papers and conference speakers. In particularly, the newest paper,'Acupuncture combined with an antidepressant for patients with depression in hospital: a pragmatic randomised controlled trial', was published on the Acupuncture in Medicine in 2014 which is the international peer-reviewed journal.
A new understanding of the Brain and its clinical application： EJOM 2015;8：28-31 Following is listed sample paper published: - A new understanding of the Brain and its clinical application：EJOM 2015;8：28-31 - Acupuncture combined with an antidepressant for patients with depression in hospital: a pragmatic randomised controlled trial.
Acupunct Med 2014;32:308-312 - Is acupuncture as effective as pharmacological management in migraine prophylaxis. The Journal of Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture. 2013: 20(2), 25-29.
- Attitude and Thinking of the Western Researchers Towards Clinical Research of Chinese Acupuncture (Chinese with English Abstract).
Journal of Clinical Acupuncture and Moxibustion. 2012; 28(9): 62-64.
- Expression of Hippocampal Adrenergic Receptor mRNA in a Rat Model of Depression. Neural Regen Res. 2011; 6(16): 1248-1253.
- Clinical Study on Combined Needle-embedding and Medication for Depressive Sleep Disorder. Journal of Acupuncture and Tuina Science. 2009; 7: 210-212.
- Influence of Acupuncture and Medication on Hippocampus α1-AR mRNA in a Rat Model of Depression (Chinese with English Abstract). Shanghai Journal of Acupuncture and Moxibustion. 2008; 27(12): 38-42.
- The Superiority and Characteristic of Retained Needles on the Treatment of Depression (Chinese with English Abstract). Journal of New Chinese Medicine. 2008, 40：108-109.
- Dynamic observation of Retained Needles on HAMD Factors scales in Depression (Chinese with English Abstract). Journal of Jiangsu Chinese Medicine. 2008，40：192-194.
- Effective Observation of Acupuncture Treatment on Depression (Chinese with English Abstract)
Journal of Chinese Acupuncture and Moxibustion. 2005; 25：107.